This is the Stage II Motor/Gearbox kit for all Powerwheels Jeep Hurricanes.The Stage II kit includes Lightened Hardened Steel First Gears with Ball Bearings for added gearbox durability. Heat Sinks are added to our Performance 550 motors to help handle additional heat loads created by 18 volts use. These gearboxes have been built using our Race Grease to reduce friction and motor temps. At 18 volts this kits has a higher top end then the Stage III or IV kits but not as much off-road power or long term durability. Kit includes:
- 2 Modified 550 motors pre-installed in gearboxes.
* Torque sleeves on both motors.
* Spade Connectors for quick wire installation. Makes motors/gearboxes easy to take in and out of vehicle.
- Hardened Steel First Gears running on 2 ball bearings each.
- Hardened Steel Pinion Gears.
- Race Grease for even more top speed.
- Gearboxes are the newest 7R high strength design.
- Bendable motor wire tabs so as not to break as easy as stock ones.
- Installation and Break-in Instructions.
Motors are safe for up to 18 volts. We strongly recommend using Metal First Gears when running 18 volts or more.
Just like when modifying a real car, modifying a Power Wheels voids all warranties. If you have made any non-MLToys modifications to your car you should reach out to our tech support first to check compatibility. MLToys bears no responsibility for damage to vehicle, persons, or property incurred by modifying a vehicle. Be Smart, Be Safe, and Have Fun!
Stage II Dune Racer at 18 volts
How to Install Staged Motor Gearboxes
How and Why to Break-in Motors