This is the Stage II Motor/Gearbox kit for all Powerwheels Jeep Hurricanes with a 15 tooth pinion on the stock motors. It has the fastest 550 motors combined with the most durable gears. At 18 volts this kit has a higher top speed then the Stage III or IV kits but not as much off-road power or long term durability. Easy to install... we've never had a customer that couldn't complete it! Kit includes:
- 2 Modified motors. The fastest 550's made for ride-ons anywhere.
- Motors have Internal Cooling Fans
- Torque sleeves on both motors for more low end power.
- Modified final gear ratio for more top speed.
- Quick change motor connectors. Makes motors/gearboxes easy to take in and out of vehicle.
- Bendable motor wire tabs so as not to break as easy as stock ones.
- Hardened Steel First Gears running on 2 ball bearings each.
- Hardened Steel Pinion Gears.
- Race Grease for even more top speed.
- Written and Video Installation and Break-in Instructions.
Motors are warrantied for up to 12 volts of SLA batteries and are often used with 18 volts of SLA batteries (not wrrantied). It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to add the Heat Sinks option if you do run 18 volts. Still helpful for 12 volt vehicles too. We strongly recommend using our Metal First Gears when running 18 volts or more.
If your gearbox sis marked "15,16,17" then this kit will work
Required for assembly: Phillips and Standard Screwdriver, wire cutters/strippers, 120-150 grit sand paper, power drill, cookies.
Just like when modifying a real car, modifying a Power Wheels voids all warranties. If you have made any non-MLToys modifications to your car you should reach out to our tech support first to check compatibility. MLToys bears no responsibility for damage to vehicle, persons, or property incurred by modifying a vehicle. Be Smart, Be Safe, and Have Fun!
Stage II Dune Racer at 18 volts
How to Install Staged Motor Gearboxes
How and Why to Break-in Motors