The Stage V kit is specifically designed for Hurricanes running 24 volts and looking for maximum top speed and less wheel spin. We've swapped the 72 tooth first gear for a 66 tooth Hardened Steel one running on Ball Bearings and the pinion gear is 22 tooth Hardened Steel making this the lowest gear ratio (highest top speed) available in any ride-on. Our Performance 775 motors provide insane amounts of torque for off-road and handle up to 24 volt loads without a care. The thicker-then-molasses stock grease has been replaced with our Teflon Race Grease designed to coat the gears and shafts to make them more slippery and create less heat buildup. The gearbox housings and remaining gears are our Phoenix Performance Gearboxes designed for maximum durability. This setup is for die-hard speed addicts only. These gearboxes should only be used on-road or light gravel. No passengers or added weight. Installation is simply removing your old gearboxes and putting your Stage V in its place. Kit includes:
- 2 massive 775 size Modified Motors with Internal Cooling Fans pre-installed in gearboxes.
- Torque sleeves on both motors.
- Spade Connectors for easy wire installation.
- 2 Hardened 22 Tooth Steel Pinion Gears with Lifetime Warranty*.
- 2 Hardened 66 Tooth Steel First Gears with Lifetime Warranty*.
- 4 Steel Ball Bearings.
- Modified Final Gear Ratio for even more top speed.
- MLToys Teflon Race Grease for even more speed, motor durability, and more run time.
- 2 MLToys Phoenix Gearboxes including stronger nylon gears, improved lubricating, stronger housings, and low friction race grease.
- Fully assembled! Just swap out with your stock motor/gearboxes and follow the break-in instructions!
- Written and video instructions.
Motors are safe for up to 24 volts. We strongly recommend using Steel First Gears when running 18 volts or more. Not for use with lithium batteries unless you use our Soft Start Low Voltage Lithium Module.
Just like when modifying a real car, modifying a Power Wheels voids all warranties. If you have made any non-MLToys modifications to your car you should reach out to our tech support first to check compatibility. MLToys bears no responsibility for damage to vehicle, persons, or property incurred by modifying a vehicle. Be Smart, Be Safe, and Have Fun!
Stage V Motors/Gears and 24v Conversion Kit
How to Install Staged Motor Gearboxes
How and Why to Break-in Motors