Every time your kid lets off the throttle the car slams to a halt, bashing their head into the windshield and putting unnecessary strain on the gears. That's because of an electrical braking built into each Power Wheels. And as you increase voltage the effect gets stronger. Bad!
This simple addition will greatly reduce the braking affect by simply adding it in-line to your existing wiring! Works with any voltage and in most vehicles using a plunger-style foot pedal switch.
1. Access the 3 wires under the gas pedal.
2. Identify the wire coming from your foot plunger connector in the same position as we've pictured.
A. Power Wheels - outside wire closest to the middle connector, usually an orange wire.
B. Kid Trax vehicles - black wire in the same position as pictured.
C. Peg Perego - Blue wire. But if your car also has a brake pedal this module will not work.
3. Cut about 3" from this wire in a place where you have room to install the Brake Reduction Module. Kid Trax owners, if your black wire splits off to the radio then cut AFTER the radio split so the radio wire runs straight to the pedal still.
4. Crimp the Break Reduction Module to the wire. It is not directional.
5. If you want to screw it to the car you can. A little bounce won't hurt it.
6. Re-assemble car.
The Brake Reduction Module is NOT compatible or needed with our Electronic Speed Control unit.
THIS WILL INCREASE THE STOPPING DISTANCE OF YOUR VEHICLE. DRIVE RESPONSIBLY!
Brake Reduction Module in Action
Customer video of Brake Module in Best Choice and Little Tikes
Brake Reduction Module Installation Video 1 of 2
Brake Reduction Module Installation Video 2 of 2