The Stage V kit is specifically designed for Dune Racers, Baja Extremes, and Stingers running at 18 or 24 volts The Massive 775 motors provide insane amounts of torque for off-road and handle 24 volt loads without a care. The weakest link in the gearbox, the 72 Tooth First Gear, has been replaced with our 66 Tooth Hardened Steel First Gear spinning on 2 ball bearings for maximum efficiency. The 17 tooth pinion has been replaced with a 22 Tooth Hardened Steel Pinion. Our new gear ratio makes a significant speed gain over the Stage IV kits AND reduces wheel spin! The thicker-then-molasses stock grease has been replaced with our Teflon Race Grease designed to coat the gears and shafts to make them more slippery and create less heat buildup. The gearbox housings and remaining gears are the newest, most durable design that Mattel has designed. This setup is for die-hard speed addicts only. Installation is simply removing your old gearboxes and putting your Stage IV in its place. Kit includes:
- 2 massive 775 size Modified Motors with Internal Cooling Fans pre-installed in gearboxes.
- Torque sleeves on both motors.
- Spade Connectors for easy wire installation.
- 2 Hardened 22 Tooth Steel Pinion Gears with Lifetime Warranty*.
- 2 Hardened 66 Tooth Steel First Gears with Lifetime Warranty*.
- 4 Steel Ball Bearings.
- Modified Final Gear Ratio for even more top speed.
- MLToys Teflon Race Grease for even more speed, motor durability, and more run time.
- Gearboxes and nylon gears are the newest 7R high strength design*.
- One cap nut for re-assembly (if required on your vehicle model).
- Written and video instructions.
Motors are safe for up to 24 volts. We strongly recommend using Steel First Gears when running 18 volts or more.
* For warranty details on gears and gearbox housings please see our Warranty page. Just like when modifying a real car, modifying a Power Wheels voids all warranties. MLToys bears no responsibility for damage to vehicle, persons, or property incurred by modifying a vehicle. Be Smart, Be Safe, and Have Fun!
How to Install Staged Motor Gearboxes