This is the Stage IV Performance Motors kit for all Power Wheels brand Quads using 7R style Gearboxes and have solid axles. If your Power Wheels quad has a hollow then use our Dune Racer motor/gearboxes as a direct fit. They will not work with vehicles using 3A or 3B gearboxes. The Massive 775 motors provide insane amounts of torque for off-road and handle 24 volt loads without a care. The weakest link in the gearbox, the First Gear, has been replaced with a hardened steel first gear which also has 2 ball bearings for maximum efficiency. The thicker-then-molasses stock grease has been replaced with our Teflon Race Grease designed to coat the gears and shafts to make them more slippery and create less heat buildup. The gearbox housings and remaining gears are a new, durable design developed by MLToys' engineers. This setup is for die-hard speed addicts only. Installation is simply removing your old gearboxes and putting your Stage IV in its place. Kit includes:
- 2 massive 775 size Modified Motors with Internal Cooling Fans pre-installed in gearboxes.
- Torque sleeves on both motors.
- Quick Connect Motor Wires
- 2 Hardened Steel Pinion Gears with Lifetime Warranty*.
- 2 Hardened Steel First Gears with Lifetime Warranty*.
- 4 Steel Ball Bearings.
- MLToys Teflon Race Grease for even more speed, motor durability, and more run time.
- 2 MLToys Phoenix Gearboxes including stronger nylon gears, improved lubricating, stronger housings, and low friction race grease.
- Fully assembled! Just swap out with your stock motor/gearboxes and follow the break-in instructions!
Motors and gears are safe for up to 24 volts. We strongly recommend using Steel First Gears when running 18 volts or more.
Just like when modifying a real car, modifying a Power Wheels voids all warranties. If you have made any non-MLToys modifications to your car you should reach out to our tech support first to check compatibility.
IF YOU OWN MODEL DFT87 (has a "6" on the side of it), FYX51, FYX52, or ANY PW QUAD WITH A HOLLOW AXLE YOU NEED TO USE THE DUNE RACER STAGED MOTOR/GEARBOXES.
Stage IV Quad and 24 Volt Conversion Kit
Phoenix Performance Gearboxes
How to Install Staged Motor Gearboxes
How and Why to Break-in Motors