This is the Stage IV Speed Motor/Gearbox kit for Stinger, Dune Racer, and Baja Extreme and Trailster. The Stage IV speed kit is specifically designed for 18 or 24 volts of SLA style batteries. The Massive 775 motors provide insane amounts of torque for off-road and handle 24 volt loads without a care. The gearboxes are made by MLToys specifically for higher-then-stock-speeds. The weakest link in the gearbox, the First Gear, has been replaced with a hardened steel first gear which spins on 2 ball bearings for maximum efficiency and minimal heat. The thicker-then-molasses stock grease has been replaced with our Teflon Race Grease designed to coat the gears and shafts to make them more slippery and create less heat buildup. The remaining gears are a much denser nylon filament. Even the gearbox housing is a more rigid design with grease channels designed to keep lubrication where it is needed. This setup is for die-hard speed addicts only. Installation is simply removing your old gearboxes and putting your Stage IV in its place. Kit includes:
- 2 massive 775 size Modified Motors with Internal Cooling Fans pre-installed in gearboxes.
- Torque sleeves on both motors.
- Internal Cooling Fans in motors.
- Quick change wire connectors for easy wire installation.
- 2 Hardened Steel Pinion Gears with Lifetime Warranty*.
- 2 Hardened Steel First Gears with Lifetime Warranty*.
- 4 Steel Ball Bearings.
- MLToys Teflon Race Grease for even more speed, motor durability, and more run time.
- 2 MLToys Phoenix Gearboxes, the first gearboxes ever designed from the ground up for higher speed ride-on use!
- Fully assembled. Just swap out with your stock motor/gearboxes and follow the break-in instructions!
Just like when modifying a real car, modifying a Power Wheels voids all warranties. If you have made any non-MLToys modifications to your car you should reach out to our tech support first to check compatibility. MLToys bears no responsibility for damage to vehicle, persons, or property incurred by modifying a vehicle. Be Smart, Be Safe, and Have Fun!
Stage IV Dune Racer and 24v Dune Racer Conversion Kit
How to Install Staged Motor Gearboxes
How and Why to Break-in Motors