This is the Stage I Performance Motors kit for all Power Wheels brand Quads using 7R style Gearboxes. They will not work with vehicles using 3A or 3B gearboxes. The Stage I kit is a great way to add more speed to a Quad without breaking the bank. Kit includes:
- 2 Modified Performance 550 motors - The fastest 550 motors designed for ride-ons today. Easily bolt right into your gearboxes with 2 screws.
- Lightweight metal pinion gears
- Modified gear ratio for even more top speed
- Torque sleeves on both motors for more low end power.
- Quick-change wire connectors that require no soldering to install and allow fast install/removal of gearcases!
- Bendable motor wire tabs so as not to break as easy as stock ones.
- Cap nut to re-assemble vehicle.
Please pick a pinion gear size to match the size attached to your stock motor. (Stock pinions are not re-usable)
Motors are safe for up to 18 volts but it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to add the Heat Sinks option if you do run 18 volts. Still helpful for 12 volt vehicles too. We strongly recommend using Metal First Gears when running 18 volts or more.
IF YOU OWN MODEL DFT87 (has a "6" on the side of it), FYX51, or FYX52 YOU NEED TO USE THE F150 STAGED MOTORS.
Just like when modifying a real car, modifying a Power Wheels voids all warranties. If you have made any non-MLToys modifications to your car you should reach out to our tech support first to check compatibility. MLToys bears no responsibility for damage to vehicle, persons, or property incurred by modifying a vehicle. Be Smart, Be Safe, and Have Fun!
How and Why to Break-in Motors