This is the Stage I Performance Motors kit for Power Wheels Porsche GT3's, Mustangs and C7 Corvettes that started as 12v. The Stage I kit is a great way to add more speed to a Power Wheels without breaking the bank. Kit includes:
- 2 Modified Performance 550 motors - The fastest 550 motors designed for ride-ons today. Easily bolt right into your gearboxes with 2 screws.
- Lightweight metal pinion gears
- Modified gear ratio for even more top speed
- Torque sleeves on both motors for more low end power.
- Quick-change wire connectors that require no soldering to install and allow fast install/removal of gearcases!
- Bendable motor wire tabs so as not to break as easy as stock ones.
Motors are warrantied for up to 12 volts of SLA batteries and are often used with 18 volts of SLA batteries (not wrrantied). It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to add the Heat Sinks option if you do run 18 volts. Still helpful for 12 volt vehicles too. We strongly recommend using our Metal First Gears when running 18 volts or more.
Please pick a pinion gear size to match the size attached to your stock motor. (Stock pinions are not re-usable)
While you've got the gearboxes out we recommend switching to our Race Grease which reduces resistance in the gearboxes. This allows more top speed and cooler running motors.
Just like when modifying a real car, modifying a Power Wheels voids all warranties. If you have made any non-MLToys modifications to your car you should reach out to our tech support first to check compatibility. MLToys bears no responsibility for damage to vehicle, persons, or property incurred by modifying a vehicle. Be Smart, Be Safe, and Have Fun!
550 Performance Motors in 12v Mustang
How and Why to Break-in Motors
How to Properly Apply Grease