Home > Upgrades by Vehicle > Dune Racer, Desert Racer, & Baja Extreme
We love this chassis. It's durable. Good for on-road and off-road. And it takes modifications really well. We've designed upgrades for all speed levels and budgets. Here's some good package ideas based on past customer happiness feedback (we call it Dune Racer but the Desert Racer and Baja Extreme are the same vehicle inside):

1. Stage I Dune Racer Kit - So your kid blew a motor or gear and you want to spend just a little more to get a little more out of the car. The Stage I Kit is exactly that. You'll get a 10-15% speed gain and have all new motors and gears to start with. If your stock battery is worn it may pop the breaker, so be prepared to replace it if needed with our longer run time 12v that has a higher amp fuse. This kit is also capable of 18 volts if you find you need more speed later.

2. Stage II Dune Racer Kit and 18v Battery Conversion - This combination will give you about 60% more speed and more run time, plus the durability of hardened steel first gears. The 18v battery fits right in 90% of the battery compartments. The other 10% of owners will just need to trim some plastic tabs off inside the battery compartment. This is the most speed you can add to the car without more major work to fit 24v batteries. On the Stage II the "cooling fans" option takes more work to install on these cars then most want to do, so the standard heatsink option is most popular. Some folks start with just the 18v Conversion Kit, use that til the motors die, then do the Stage II upgrade.

3. Stage IV or V Dune Racer Kit and 24v Battery Conversion - Max it out! More then double the speed of your car with this combo. We made a special kit to convert these cars to 24v by taking advantage of the extra compartment in the nose. So there's a bit more wiring to do but everything is plug n play and the video instructions show how easy it is to do!

We recommend a Brake Reduction Module with any speed upgrade unless you have hills to contend with.

Light it up! These cars look HOT with lighting added and it's not hard. Use your imagination selecting colors and placement! Go to the Lighting Kits section to see more options!
Sort By:
Page of 1
Brake Reduction Module Brake Reduction Module
Our Price: $10.00
Dual Motor Temperature Gauge In-Dash Dual Motor Temperature Gauge In-Dash
Our Price: $15.00
Sale Price: $10.00
Savings: $5.00
Key Start for Ride-Ons Key Start for Ride-Ons
Our Price: $11.00
Four Point Safety Harness Four Point Safety Harness
List Price: $25.00
Our Price: $19.99
Savings: $5.01
Ride-On LED Lighting Kit for 12v, 18v, or 24v models Ride-On LED Lighting Kit for 12v, 18v, or 24v models
Our Price: $40.00
Sale Price: $32.50
Savings: $7.50
Stage I Speed Motors/Gearboxes for Dune Racer & Baja Extreme Stage I Speed Motors/Gearboxes for Dune Racer & Baja Extreme
Our Price: $125.00
Sale Price: $100.00
Savings: $25.00
18 Volt Conversion for 12 Volt Power Wheels w/ charger 18 Volt Conversion for 12 Volt Power Wheels w/ charger
Our Price: $130.00
Sale Price: $112.99
Savings: $17.01
24 Volt Conversion for Power Wheels Dune Racer & Baja Extreme v2.0 24 Volt Conversion for Power Wheels Dune Racer & Baja Extreme v2.0
Our Price: $160.00
Sale Price: $139.99
Savings: $20.01
Stage II Speed Motors/Gearboxes for Dune Racer & Baja Extreme Stage II Speed Motors/Gearboxes for Dune Racer & Baja Extreme
Our Price: $200.00
Sale Price: $160.00
Savings: $40.00
Stage IV Speed Motors/Gearboxes for Dune Racer & Baja Extreme Stage IV Speed Motors/Gearboxes for Dune Racer & Baja Extreme
Our Price: $265.00
Sale Price: $230.00
Savings: $35.00
Stage V Super Speed Motors/Gearboxes for Dune Racer & Baja Extreme Stage V Super Speed Motors/Gearboxes for Dune Racer & Baja Extreme
Our Price: $280.00
Sale Price: $270.00
Savings: $10.00