Home > Upgrades by Vehicle > Power Wheels Dune Racer, Desert Racer, Baja Extreme, & Trailster
We love this chassis. It's durable. Good for on-road and off-road. And it takes modifications really well. We've designed upgrades for all speed levels and budgets. Here's some good package ideas based on past customer happiness feedback (we call it Dune Racer but the Desert Racer and Baja Extreme are the same vehicle inside):

1. Stage I Dune Racer Kit - So your kid blew a motor and you want to spend just a little more to get a little more out of the car? The Stage I Kit is exactly that. You'll get a 10-15% speed gain and have all new motors to start with. If your stock battery is worn it may pop the breaker, so be prepared to replace it if needed with our longer run time 12v that has a higher amp fuse.

2. Stage III Dune Racer Kit, 18v Battery Conversion, Ride-On Speed Control - This combination will give you about 60% more speed and more run time. The 18v battery fits right in 90% of the battery compartments. The other 10% of owners will just need to trim some plastic tabs off inside the battery compartment. This is the most speed you can add to the car without more major work to fit 24v batteries. Some folks start with just the 18v Conversion Kit, use that til the motors die, then do the Stage III upgrade. The optional Speed Control will give you a variable throttle and brake pedal system just like a real car. Plus no more wheel spin.

3. Stage IV or V Dune Racer Kit, 24v Battery Conversion, Ride-On Speed Control - Max it out! More then double the speed of your car with this combo. We made a special kit to convert these cars to 24v by taking advantage of the extra compartment in the nose. So there's a bit more wiring to do but everything is plug n play and the video instructions show how easy it is to do! The optional Speed Control will give you a variable throttle and brake pedal system just like a real car. Plus no more wheel spin.

We recommend a Brake Reduction Module with any speed upgrade unless you have hills to contend with or our Ride-On Speed Control.

Light it up! These cars look HOT with lighting added and it's not hard. Use your imagination selecting colors and placement! Go to the Lighting Kits section to see more options!

Go to the Stock Replacement Parts section to find your original equipment parts needs!
Sort By:
Page of 1
12 Volt Motor/Gearbox/Battery Combo Pack 12 Volt Motor/Gearbox/Battery Combo Pack
: $210.00
: $185.00
Savings: $25.00
18 Volt Speed Motor/Gearbox/Battery Combo Pack 18 Volt Speed Motor/Gearbox/Battery Combo Pack
: $270.00
: $235.00
Savings: $35.00
Dual Motor Temperature Gauge In-Dash Dual Motor Temperature Gauge In-Dash
: $15.00
: $10.00
Savings: $5.00
Power Wheels Dune Racer Street Tires Dune Racer Street Tire Set
: $180.00
: $164.00
Savings: $16.00
Four Point Safety Harness Four Point Safety Harness
: $25.00
: $19.99
Savings: $5.01
Power Wheels ESC MLToys Ride-On Speed/Brake Control v2.0
: $225.00
: $175.00
Savings: $50.00
Stage II Motors & Gearboxes for Dune Racers Stage II Motors & Gearboxes for Dune Racer
: $235.00
: $205.00
Savings: $30.00
Stage IV D.I.Y. Motors/Gears Stage IV D.I.Y. Motors/Gears
: $200.00
: $168.00
Savings: $32.00
Stage V D.I.Y. Super Speed Motors/Gears Stage V D.I.Y. Super Speed Motors/Gears
: $220.00
: $188.00
Savings: $32.00